- Next Generation” Pomegranate Fruit Extract. Many products on the market contain pomegranate standardized to ellagic acid – a potent antioxidant. However, subsequent research has shown that ellagic is not the most biologically active and absorbable polyphenol in pomegranate. Punicalagins are the new “shining star.” The ellagic-acid based extract in Life Extension Mix has now been replaced by a high potency punicalagin-based extract.
- Higher Potency Green Tea. The new Life Extension mix now has the highest potency green tea available with higher levels of the important EGCG. The new Life Extension Mix provides 325 mg of a decaffeinated green tea extract that is standardized to contain 98% (318.5 mg) of polyphenols and 45% (146.25 mg) of Epigallocatechin gallate EGCG) which scientists attribute to green tea’s health benefits.
- “Next Generation” Chromium. Life Extension Mix now contains a superior and biologically active trivalent chromium complex, a unique food form bio-organic water soluble matrix. It has shown to reduce blood-glucose levels by 33% compared to control. Chromium helps insulin metabolize fat, turn protein into muscle, and convert sugar into energy
- Life Extension Mix is also fortified with fruit extracts such as bilberry, grape seed, grape skin, and citrus bioflavonoids to provide healthy circulation throughout the body and maintain healthy DNA.The media has publicized the multiple benefits of fruits such as blackberry, cranberry, elderberry, cherry, plums and persimmon.
- In addition to these new changes, the Life Extension Mix still contains classic ingredients such as:Vegetable extracts.Luteolin is a flavonoid found in parsley, artichoke, basil, celery and other foods. When measured against 27 other flavonoids, luteolin provided the best DNA protection. One favorable mechanism of luteolin is its ability to inhibit oxidative damage to cellular DNA.
D-glucarate is a botanical extract found in grapefruit, apples, oranges, broccoli and Brussels sprouts. D-glucarate effectively supports a detoxification process that helps to remove DNA toxins from the body.14,15 The daily dose of Life Extension Mix provides 200 mg D-glucarate.Lutein, an extract found in spinach and collard greens, has been shown to help maintain critical pigments in the eye macula, while the carotenoid alpha-carotene has demonstrated antioxidant activity far grater than beta-carotene. Lycopene from tomatoes has shown potent effects in helping to maintain healthy DNA structure and protect against LDL oxidation. Life Extension MixTM contains 60 times more lutein and 10 times more lycopene compared to Centrum®. Most multivitamin supplements provide no vegetable extracts whatsoever.Fruit extracts.Life Extension Mix is also fortified with fruit extracts such as bilberry, grape seed, grape skin, and citrus bioflavonoids to provide healthy circulation throughout the body and maintain healthy DNA.* The media has publicized the multiple benefits of fruits such as blackberry, cranberry, elderberry, cherry, plums and persimmon. Life Extension Mix has a customized blend of these and other fruits that studies indicate provide multiple favorable effects in the body.Sesame lignans increase the anti-inflammatory index of fish oils and help maintain healthy cholesterol/LDL levels in those already within normal range.*28-31 Life Extension Mix contains 10 mg sesame lignan extract to provide the direct benefits of the lignans and augment the effects of vitamin E and other nutrients in the body such as gamma-tocopherol and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).