- Omega-3 fatty acids LA and DHA contribute to the maintenance of blood cholesterol levels. DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal brain function and vision. EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart.
- Providing 400mg of Flaxseed Oil, 400mg Fish Oil & 400mg of Starflower Oil.
- Rich in Omega-3, 6 & 9 essential fatty acids
- No artificial flavours, colours & preservatives, lactose, yeast and gluten
However, although it is true that our diets should not supply us with more than 30% of our calories as fat, there are certain fats that we do need for Good Health which the body cannot make.
These are termed Essential Fatty Acids (EFAâ€TMs) and they function as components of nerves cells, cell membranes and prostaglandins (hormone like substances). Most peopleâ€TMs diets are lacking in these.
There are 2 types of EFA, omega-3 and omega-6, and because these both produce different types of prostaglandin they must be taken in the correct ratio to ensure that a favourable balance is achieved.
Ideally we need four times as much Omega-6 as Omega-3 fatty acids, but because our diets already supply much omega-6 and little omega-3 EFAâ€TMs, to redress the balance with a supplement, higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids are required. Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and Flaxseed Oil and Starflower Oil are rich in omega-6 fatty acids.
All three oils provide a source of omega-9 fatty acids which are stable and resist oxidative damage. Because they are liquid at body temperature they help keep our arteries supple. The Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids Heart and circulation health:
- Omega-3 lowers serum triglycerides (harmful blood fats) and reduces irregular heartbeats and the risk of blood clots.
- Omega-6 has been shown to reduce high serum cholesterol. Both may help lower high blood pressure by reducing blood â€˜stickinessâ€TM and hence the resistance to flow.
- EFAâ€TMs have been shown to benefit in Raynaudâ€TMs Phenomenon (cold hands and feet due to poor circulation).
- Brain development and health – EFAâ€TMs are essential for brain development in the foetus, for efficient nervous system function throughout life.
- Success has been reported in treating Depression, childhood Hyperactivity and learning disorders