- Coconut Sugar is a fantastic natural alternitive to sugar
- Can be used as a 1:1 substitute to sugar.
- Boasts a low glycemic index and is also low in fructose
- Certified Organic by the Organic Food Federation. Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans. Gluten Free.
- Indigo Herbs products naturally empower optimum health and nutrition.
Indigo Herbs 100% pure Organic Coconut Palm Sugar is made from the finest nectar of the Cocos nucifera palm.
Organic Coconut Sugar is often praised for its low levels of fructose, low glycemic index and as a fantastic cane sugar alternative in cooking
or as a general sweetner. In comparison with cane sugar which has a Glycemic Index of around 68, Indigo Herbs Organic Coconut Sugar comes
with a GI of around 35.
Quality and Manufacture:
Indigo Herbs Organic Coconut Sugar come from sustainable co-operatives in Indonesia where the palms are grown in certified organic plantations. Coconut sugar is
made by harvesting the blossoms of the coconut tree. Farmers make a cut on the spadix and let the sap flow into containers and
then gently heat the sap until all water evaporates. The resulting syrup is then dried and milled into a sugar.