- Our Tiger Nuts are naturally 100% ORGANIC, Sun-Dried and RAW, Gluten Free, 100% NUT FREE, 100% Allergen Free, 100% Dairy Free, High in Fiber, Low in Calories & Fats, High in Nutrition, Non GMO, and their natural sweetness means they taste fantastic!
- Tiger Nuts have been around for over 4000 years and are “Paleo Perfect”. The sugars are natural, so they are ideal for diabetics too!
- Tigernuts are a good non-meat source of protein as well as being a solid source of magnesium
- Tigernuts’ high content in fiber helps keeps your whole body healthy and Tigernuts rival olive oil for “heart healthy” oils
- Tigernut milk (also known as Horchata de Chufas), is very easy to make and is a great substitute for cow’s milk
Organic Whole (unpeeled) Tiger Nuts are best known for making the delicious tiger nut milk, and in Spain, a drink made from the milk called Horchata. Our premium quality nuts are organically grown and processed, and delivered to us vacuum packed for full freshness and flavour.
About Na’vi Tiger Nuts
Tiger Nuts are not a nut, but the tuberous root of a wild grass, and only related to tigers through the mild stripes on their outer skins, these golden nuggets are incredibly versatile, tasty and nutritious.
There’s evidence Tiger nuts were the staple food of the ‘nutcracker man’ who existed 1.2 million years ago. Since then, they have been a food source for the Paleo-Indians and are one of the oldest cultivated plants from Ancient Egypt where they were eaten and used medicinally.
They have a sweet, slightly toasted, nutty taste which makes them amazing for sugar-free baking, raw unsweetened ‘nut milk’ and healthy snacking.