- Premium quality organic raw cacao beans broken into pieces
- Nutritionally varied, contains essential minerals
- Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to retain vitamins and minerals
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, including the BBC Good Food Magazine, with Cacao Nibs featured in The Yoga Magazine’s hot product list
Organic Raw Cacao Nibs. Cacao, or Cocoa, is an evergreen tree, which grows naturally in tropical climates around the world. Its fruit, the cacao bean, is well-known as the basic ingredient in chocolate and has for centuries been forefront in native diets. In recent times it has attracted attention because of its nutritional content, and the health benefits associated with its antioxidants.
Sevenhills Wholefoods source their beans from South America, and only those of a premium variety. Its seed pods are harvested by hand. They are broken apart and left until the soft flesh surrounding the bean has fermented and run off as liquid. The fermentation process affects the taste of the beans, which lose some bitter flavours. The beans are washed, cleaned, dried, then peeled and broken into small pieces (nibs). Sevenhills Wholefoods’ cacao nibs are raw – processed at temperatures that never exceed 45°C, packed with heat sensitive vitamins and minerals which are often lost in products subject to higher temperatures during production.
Recommended use: cacao nibs are a versatile food that can be mixed in to many dishes, or alternatively eaten as a snack.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.