- Four root variety, Yellow, Red, Purple and Black
- Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to retain vitamins and minerals
- A complete protein, also known as ‘Peruvian Ginseng’
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, including the BBC Good Food Magazine
Organic Raw Maca Powder. Maca is a plant which grows naturally at high-altitude, in the Peruvian Andes. For many centuries it has been a central part of local diets in Peru and Bolivia, where almost every part of the plant is used. Also known as ‘Peruvian Ginseng’, maca is a nutrition-packed root vegetable, flourishing in environments often 4000m above sea level. Plants at this harsh altitude have to take in as many nutrients from the ground as possible to survive, hence why Sevenhills Wholefoods source this product for its impressive nutritional content.
Maca root powder contains a range of nutrients, plus protein, carbohydrates and fibre. Sevenhills Wholefoods Maca contains Vitamins C, B2, B3 and B6, as well as Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Copper and Manganese. Maca’s antioxidant content keeps the body’s cells free from oxidative stress damage. It has also been known to keep skin, nervous and immune systems healthy, as well as helping to keep tiredness and fatigue at bay.
Recommended use: add 1-2 teaspoons of powder to milk, juice or smoothies, or alternatively sprinkle on to food within a healthy, balanced diet.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.