- 100% pure and Certified organic by Soil Association. (Licence number DJ21110).
- Solid, white oil. Saturated fatty acids, close in molecular structure to natural sebum.
- Often used for moisturising skin and conditioning hair.
- Helps to keep skin soft and supple without being greasy.
- Coconut oil is often used to strengthen and condition hair and considered helpful to moisturise the skin and prevent stretch marks.
Coconut oil is a white solid at room temperature, but it will turn to a liquid state in warm temperatures.
Coconut oil has a number of uses, such as an emollient for skin and hair and it is particularly suited to oily skin. This oil can be used in homemade products like deodorant bars, balms, creams and lotions, an effective eye make-up remover. It is thought to help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy and it is often used as a hair conditioner, shaving oil and facial moisturiser.
Coconut oil can also be used as a base for massage and blended with essential oils for added aromatherapy benefits.
All vegetable oils & fats are 100% fat and are generally high in calories (on average about 120 calories per tablespoon). Vegetable oils are often used in food preparation for salad dressings, cooking, frying, baking, sauces and marinades. As a general guide, virgin and unrefined oils have more of the oil’s natural flavour and lend themselves well for use in cold dishes. Refined oils generally have longer shelf lives and may have a higher smoke point and therefore be better for high heat cooking, but this varies depending on the type of oil. Each oil has its own distinct flavour and nutrient and Fatty Acid composition, so each oil may be used for different purposes depending on your need.