- CERTIFIED ORGANIC – Organic Psyllium Husks certified by the Soil Association
- SERVING SUGGESTION – Mix with fluids, combine with food or add to capsules
- KNOWN FOR – Providing water soluble fibre to add bulk in the intestines and bowels
- ALSO KNOWN AS – Blond Plantago, Che Qian Zi, Dietary Fiber, Englishman’s Foot, Indian Plantago, Isabgola, Pale Psyllium, Psyllium Blond, Sand Plantain, Spogel
- HYGIENIC & CONVENIENT – Comes in a resealable, foil lined, stand-up kraft pouch
Psyllium (Plantago ovata) is a plant native to Europe and some parts of Africa. The husk of the psyllium seed contains glycosides and mucilages and is a good source of water soluble fibre. Water soluble fibre is not digested or absorbed by the small intestine which means that the husks provide bulk and absorb excess water in the bowels, apparently helping with constipation and diarrhoea. Psyllium husks are also thought to have other health benefits for which more research is needed, however a quick search online will provide information for anyone interested. Psyllium husks are also used in gluten free cooking as a way to bind moisture and improve texture, especially in gluten free bread mixes. This information should not be treated as medical or dietary advice – always do your own research, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have any underlying medical conditions or are taking any medication. This product is certified organic by the Soil Association to GB-ORG-05 – this means every pack has a batch number which can be traced right back to the product’s source.