- Powder from finely ground premium organic cacao beans from South America
- A versatile food that can be added to many foods, used as a baking ingredient, or made into a drink
- Nutritionally rich, contains many essential minerals
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, with Cacao Powder recommended in the BBC Good Food Magazine
Organic Cacao Powder. Cacao, or Cocoa, is an evergreen tree, which grows naturally in tropical climates around the world. Cacao has for centuries been predominant to diets in its native areas, yet in recent times, has attracted attention for its nutritional content, and health benefits associated with its antioxidants.
Sevenhills Wholefoods source their beans from South America, and only those of a premium variety. Its seed pods are harvested by hand. They are broken apart and left until the soft flesh surrounding the bean has fermented and run off as liquid. The fermentation process affects the taste of the beans, which lose some bitter flavours. The beans are washed, cleaned, dried, then peeled and broken into small pieces (nibs). The nibs are pressed to extract the fat content, which is known as cacao butter. The resulting ‘cake’ is milled to a fine powder.
Cacao contains many nutrients, including Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Iron, known to help maintain healthy teeth, bones, muscles, nervous and immune systems. This is in addition to the product’s antioxidant content, which helps fight off ageing effects, by reducing oxidative-stress cell damage.
As Sevenhills Wholefoods’ cacao powder may be exposed to temperature over 45°C during processing, they do not market it as raw. Sevenhills Wholefoods also offer a raw variety of cacao powder.
Recommended use: versatile powder which can easily be added to diets. Use in baking, or mix with food and smoothies.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.