- Premium variety, Euterpe Precatoria, with a higher antioxidant and lower fat content than the standard
- Highly concentrated, takes over 20kg of fruit to make 1kg of powder
- Raw, cold-pressed, to minimise nutrient loss
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, including the BBC Good Food Magazine, with Acai Powder recommended by Madeleine Shaw for building up immunity to help with allergies
Organic Raw Acai Berry Powder. Acai berry is a fruit, which grows naturally in the Amazon basin, South America. Crucial to local diets for centuries, acai has recently gained a global reputation as a superfood, renowned for an exceptionally high ORAC score for antioxidant content, plus its provision of Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids. Acai berries are also a source of Iron, Potassium, Manganese and Vitamin E, which are known to support the healthy function of many body-areas, including our bones, teeth and the nervous and immune systems. Acai is often used as a key component in detoxification programs.
Sevenhills Wholefoods use a premium variety, Euterpe Precatoria. This variety has a much higher antioxidant content than the standard Euterpe Oleracea variety. The physical texture of the product is different however, with it being dryer and slightly powdery in nature. This is largely due to the lower fat content of Precatoria – at 22g per 100g it is around half the fat of the standard acai.
After being carefully hand-harvested by local farmers using traditional techniques, Sevenhills Wholefoods’ acai berries are almost immediately pressed into a pulp, and freeze-dried into a fine powder.
Recommended use: add 1-2 teaspoons of the powder to milk, juice or a smoothie. Alternatively, sprinkle on or add to food to create your perfect combination.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.