- Freeze-dried and quickly processed for nutrient retention
- Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to retain vitamins and minerals
- Contains Vitamin C, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, including the BBC Good Food Magazine, with Baobab Powder voted as one of the Best Health Food Snacks by Luxury Lifestyle Magazine
Organic Raw Baobab Powder. Baobab powder originates from the baobab fruit, which grows naturally in the African Savana. It has been an integral part of local diets for centuries, but has recently gained a global reputation as a superfood. The baobab tree is often referred to as ‘The Tree of Life’, growing in 32 different countries across the vast African continent. Its massive trunk reaching 25m or more is said to have ‘Angered the Gods by its constant grumbles over the beauty of other trees, so they planted it upside down’.
Sevenhills Wholefoods’ baobab powder is sourced from Africa. There is actually no such thing as a baobab plantation. Every tree is community-owned and wild-harvested. The fruits are harvested and transported to the preparation facility by local farmers. The hard fruits are then cracked open and the powder inside is sieved twice to remove any unwanted objects like twigs. Unlike other foods, the baobab powder does not have to be dried or prepared in any way; thus contains no additives whatsoever.
Baobab pulp, which when dried produces the powder, contains more Vitamin C than an orange, more Potassium than a banana, more Calcium than milk and even more Magnesium than spinach. The powdered fruit has been used to support normal function of the immune system, maintain healthy skin, teeth, nerves, bones and blood vessels. Baobab promotes a healthy digestive tract, by aiding the absorption of micronutrients such as Iron into the digestive system.
Recommended use: add 1 heaped teaspoon to water, juice or a smoothie. Alternatively, stir a spoonful into cereal or yoghurt.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.