- Almost 50% protein and 25% dietary fibre
- Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to retain vitamins and minerals
- Source of minerals and Omega 6 and 3 oils in an ideal dietary ratio
- 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, including the BBC Good Food Magazine
Organic Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds. Hemp, or Cannabis sativa, is a plant which grows naturally in many temperate climates across the globe. One of the oldest plants in the world, this remarkable superfood has been harnessed by a variety of cultures, including ancient Indians of Central America, for an assortment of uses. Recently the seed has gained a reputation as a remarkable superfood, not only full of rich, nutty flavour, but also for its diverse range of nutrients.
Sevenhills Wholefoods’ organic raw shelled hemp seeds contain essential amino acids in a ratio closer to meat and eggs than other seeds, and in much more nutritionally significant amounts. Hemp seeds contain essential fatty-acids, with an ideal omega-6 to omega-3 ratio. The seeds also naturally contain minerals such as Potassium, Magnesium and Iron, which are known to be essential for proper red-blood cell formation, healthy oxygen transit and maintaining an efficiently-functioning immune system.
Recommended use: a versatile food which can be used in a variety of ways. Sprinkle seeds on salads, use as a baking ingredient, incorporate into breakfast cereals or add to smoothies.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.