- Tested to European ISO Standards for broad spectrum effectiveness (UVA & UVB) and SPF Verification
- Suitable for all skin types of all ages, does not irritate sensitive skin, can be used by people with skin allergies, is soothing, nourishing and moisturising.
- No chemicals at all – no parabens, alcohol, lanolin, methylchloroisothiazolinine, methylisothiazolinine, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, phthalates, artifical perfumes, petrochemicals or colourants.
- Non-Nano Zinc Oxide used which sits as a physical barrier to the sun, relecting it from the skin’s surface. Zinc Oxide is the most effective broad spectrum sun protection you can get, yet it is also the safest.
- Only 4 natural, skin-nourishing ingredients, nothing more, nothing less. We use Organic Virgin Coconut oil, Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Unrefined Beeswax and non-nano cosmetic grade zinc oxide only!
Winner of Janey Lee Grace’s Platinum Award for Best Natural Sunscreen 2015 Nowadays, there are too many dangerous chemicals that have found their way into mainstream sunscreens, and they in turn have found their way through our skin – into us! If we’re trying to avoid skin cancer, why would we use chemicals which are proven to cause it? That simply doesn’t make sense. At an ideal SPF25, with only 4 ingredients to moisturise and protect skin from the broadest spectrum of damaging UVA and UVB rays, ShadeTM has been developed to keep our skin naturally healthy whilst blocking rays that can burn and cause sun damage. Tested to European ISO24443 and ISO24444 standards. We Need the Sun! There is no doubt that we need to protect our skin from the sun, but by the same token, we need some sun to generate an essential nutrient which helps to prevent cancer – Vitamin D. Getting sun is the only way our bodies will make it for ourselves, so we spend some sensible time in the sun, making use of hats and light clothing BUT if we can’t avoid prolonged exposure, we ensure we take our ShadeTM with us! Suitability Suitable for all skin types of all ages. Naturally Occurring Zinc Clumping Effect: You may also see your cream turn from a smooth surface to a rather mottled looking surface if you don’t use it up quickly. This again is a natural occurrence and is when zinc oxide crystals attract one-another because of their polarity, and hang out together in a ‘clumping’ effect. If this occurs, simply rub the cream into your skin really well when you apply it. Application: Apply generously at least 15min before exposure to the sun, and then reapply regularly at least every 2 – 3 hours or after exposure to water or after sweating. If the cream is hard, rub the surface vigourously to soften it.